Friday, July 9, 2010

Journal 3: Symbols around you

The theme I picked for this assignment was a trip to Walmart. I did get some strange looks from people and some guy almost beat me up because he thought I was taking pictures of him.

1. This must be Walmarts logo, it is everywhere in that place.

To me this is not that recognizable for a logo. If I saw this outside of Walmart I probably would not remember where It is from.




2. This is another sign that I saw every time I turned my head. The whole store has wheelchair access.







3. The recycle symbol is very interesting. Three arrows arranged in a triangle lets someone know not to throw it away.





4.Its interesting how this symbol can be used even while one is exiting. Wouldn't something that says "DO NOT EXIT" be more fitting?





5. The way out is up in the roof.







6. Cents






7. A symbol to say that there are 12 rolls of toilet paper in a package. There must be a symbol for everything.







8. This is how to put a baby in a cart, this is how not to put a baby in a cart.






9. This must be a symbol for lopsided T-shirts.







10. Dollar sign. Why does this have two lines sometimes?







11. If you block this door a whole building full of people will die.







12. This can is very dangerous I don't want to buy this.







13. If you walk here you will fall.







14. If someone is in a hurry to put out a fire they will probably not read anything. That is why these symbols are important. A picture is worth a thousand words.





15. I've never noticed the smoke on one of these signs before. Its very elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment