Friday, July 23, 2010

Journal 15: CONNOTATION & DENOTATION

Evil is the connotation. I picked the eye because an eye is not something evil but it looks evil. I picked the devil for denotation.

God is a higher power so I used a cloud. Religion usually puts a figure on the idea of a god.

I used ancient writing for history. When I think of war I think of political leaders.
Justice is when things are in balance. The gabble is a symbol for court


This sitting area is in order. The alphabet has a particular order.

This isn't an image of pain but it makes the viewer think of pain. I didn't want to get gory on this so I picked the arm in a sling.

I actually took the picture of this peace sign the other day and thought it would work. Hippies are what I think of when I see the word peace.

The picture for rage is an abstract idea of what rage is. The kitten is full of rage.
Gears in the head replace the brain with machines which are smart. Brains is what I think of when I see smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment